The Council of International Schools is the premier organization in International Education for the accreditation of schools and Best Practice development. CIS is a not-for-profit organization of a truly worldwide international educational community comprising over 500 member schools and 400 colleges/universities.
The central purpose of CIS is to enable member organizations to achieve and deliver the highest standards in International Education and continually improve the outcome of student learning.
The New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) provides accreditation services for more than 2000 public and private institutions in the six state region – Pre-K through university. NEASC accreditation uses self-reflection, peer review and best practices as integral components of its assessment process and monitors the follow-up endeavors leading to continuous school/program improvement. NEASC consists of six Commissions, each of which sets the standards for a particular segment of the educational community.
Benefits of accreditations:
- The award of accreditation itself. The school’s own claim to excellence is verified by a respected accrediting agency.
- The opportunity for self-assessment and opportunity for all members of the community to be involved in the self evaluation process
- The opportunity for improved intra-school contact and understanding. Unifying forces in a school community.
- The opportunity to receive an external assessment. Objective evaluation of fellow professionals.
- Availability of resources for Professional Development Services, College Counseling, Governance, and Administrative Services.
The CAMBRIDGE ESOL program is the most recognized certified English Program in the world. It offers the world´s leading range of certificates for learners of any age, teachers, professionals, university and government bodies.
ESOL is designed to standardize the quality of English learners and provide means and methods for children, beginners and for people who already speak English.
The program is vast and covers all aspects of English learning process.
CAMBRIDGE ESOL has been researched, tested and proven to be the best program that assists learners in the English speaking community and beginners to identify their weaknesses, help them improve their listening, reading, speaking and writing skills.
· Our FIRST CERTIFICATE IN ENGLISH (FCE) is an exam for people who can use everyday written and spoken English at an upper intermediate level. It is ideal for people who want to use English for work and study purposes.
· The CERTIFICATE IN ADVANCED ENGLISH (CAE) is for advanced users of English. This exam is aimed at people who can use written and spoken English for most professional and social purposes. It is widely recognized for work and study purposes.
· THE TEACHING KNOWLEDGE TEST (TKT) gives teachers a strong foundation in the core areas of teaching knowledge needed in the English language teaching classroom.
· OUR EXAMS FOR SHOOLS (PET and KET) will increase the motivation of pupils to learn, give them the confidence to actively use their skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking and are recognized by colleges, universities and employers around the world.
· YLE TESTS (YOUNG LEARNERS ENGLISH) are reliable and consistent measures of how well your children are doing in the skills of listening, reading, writing and speaking. Tests are designed to make learning fun and children are encouraged by working towards certificates and earning shields that record their progress.
This is the opportunity for you and your loved ones to achieve full potentials in life.
The Overseas Association of College Admissions Counselors (OACAC) was founded in 1991. The association began when a group of primarily European counselors met and approached the National Association of College Admissions Counseling (NACAC) about the creation of an affiliate regional organization that would represent overseas counselors. OACAC became a chartered regional association.Membership is a privilege made available to eligible institutions, organizations, agencies and individuals as defined in the association’s Bylaws. OACAC is a not-for-profit organization (taxpayer ID 141-82-7265). The membership is made up of nearly 600 professionals from around the world who advise students as they make choices about pursuing postsecondary education.
OACAC members can be primary and secondary school counselors, independent counselors, college admission and financial aid officers, enrollment managers, and organizations engaged in guiding students through the secondary to higher education transition process.
Benefits for member school:
- Allows for overseas counselors to discuss issues related to International students.
- Participation in Professional Development in Spanish or English Language.
- Participation in International conferences
- Networking with International Schools
The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) is dedicated to supporting the work of counseling and enrollment professionals as they advance student access to postsecondary education. NACAC is committed to promoting high professional standards that foster ethical and social responsibility.The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC), founded in 1937, is an organization of more than 11,000 professionals from around the world dedicated to serving students as they make choices about pursuing postsecondary education.
Benefits for member schools:
- Professional Development opportunities for College Counselors
- Networking with college admission officers
- Constant update of admission process and financial aid opportunities for international students
The Ministry of Education of the Dominican Republic (MINERD) regulates the Dominican education system guaranteeing the right of all Dominicans to an education of high standards.
The 4’200 Ordinance (Regulation of Private Educational Institutions) regulates the correct management of all Private Schools who are labeled, recognized or accredited by levels of compliance and adherence to the following features:
-Teaching and administrative quality
In recognition of the quality of our educational work and under the previous Act 2909’51 for education, we were granted FACULTY by Ordinance 1386’89. This was appointed to us by the current Act 66’97 and by the 400’2009 Certificate.